Monday, May 28, 2012

Whimsy Sunflower

Happy Memorial Day! I think someone has upset Mother Nature since she's turned up the heat to July temperatures and it's still May!

The new Squigglefly challenge that starts today is being hosted by Rhonda's Rowdy Rascals but since I am participating in Squigglefly's One-A-Day-In-May, I thought I better start using the images and not just admire them! After watching Beate's technique Smackin' Acetate, I thought I would give it a try using Sandy Sommerfeld's sweet image, Whimsy Sunflower, to create this one layer card. Fun, fun technique! Watch the video, give it a try and then enter your creation into this week's Squigglefly challenge!

12 comments:

  1. Hmmm...an image hoarder, huh? I guess since you used a new image you don't need an intervention!

    Great card and this technique is on my to-try list!

    Happy Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card Tammy,love the image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy what a great technique to use with this image and for this challenge! I really love how this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool looking. Need to check out the video and try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty is this!! I LOVE it, Tammy!! Keep smackin' that acetate! It looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great technique and a lovely card! Love how you added the "hello" on here too. So very pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful Tammy, you did a great jog smackin that acetate!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This turned out great! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very Artsy Tammy. I am so impressed. Off to check out Beate's tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome image and I love how you did the smackin acetate technique...such pretty colors, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw Kristina Werner do those one layer card- tutorials. I like yours = (She has great cards but yours has SOOO much color!
    i love it.
    n

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty. Thanks for sharing the link to the technique.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!